This software allows to create, clone and edit prototype objects in Smalltalk.
It is based on original code by Hans-Martin Mosner and Russell Allen (http://russell-allen.com/squeak/prototypes/).
Original code has been modified and extended in such a way that
- it can run in contemporary Smalltalks such as Squeak 4.3 and Pharo 1.3,
- it stores compressed method sources in trailers of compiled methods,
- it uses syntax highlighting in prototype object inspector,
- it allows to construct objects using arrays of associations.
- Prototypes 2012 is currently used as a supporting software for recent versions of SmallDEVS.
Prototypes package is publicly available under MIT LICENSE and BUT OPENSOURCE LICENSE.
(c) 2012 Vladimir Janousek
Link to this Page